Tired of buying pancake mix that doesn’t taste like you want it to? Don’t like the “just add water” tastless mix they have now?
Try this Pancake from Scratch recipe that is quick, easy and really tastes good.
1 cup of flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of vinegar
2 tablespoons of melted butter
A couple of drops of vanilla to suit your taste (optional)
1. Combine the milk and vinegar in a bowl and set it aside for about 5 minutes to reconstruct itself into a sour.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a larger mixing bowl. Form a well in the center to pour the milk mix into.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk an egg with the butter then whisk the result in with the milk mixture.
4. Pour the milk, butter and egg mixture into the bowl with the flour mix and stir until the lumps are gone but not more as you want it to be fluffy. Add a little of milk if necessary to thin it to cooking consistancy.
5. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle water drops on the skillet and when the drops dance, the skillet is ready for the mix. If it is not a non-stick, spray pam on the skillet to prevent sticking or take a paper towel with oil on it and use it to coat your pan so the mix does not stick.
6. Pour your mix into your pancake size as desired. When bubbles appear, flip and cook until golden brown. Test one and if it is too thick, it will not be cooked in the middle. Thin the mix out a little with milk, but not much as you do not want it thin and runny.
7. Add fruit of your choice as a change to the flavor.
Add butter and syrup of your choice and enjoy. They really taste good.